Amy and Thatcher - Album in Progress


Most churches are constructed as houses of worship, not salons of photography. Getting a great angle on the activity during a wedding can be, at best, a challenge. Amy and I visited her church a few weeks before the wedding day to preview the events of the day. I was happy to see that there would be many opportunities for great vantage points during the ceremony. The light was great, too: very even, no dark pools. I was able to get up into the third story loft area and shoot down during the bride's walk. (And I was able to get back down to ground level in a flash to cover the rest of the event!) While I was up there, I captured this great perspective of the bride and her father making that important walk. It's a full page spread in her Legend album, in progress.